How to Scan from Printer to Computer
There are so many times when some instructions have asked to scan the document into the computer, and then to mail it. Well, some may get confused about how to do that? Well, this guide will let you know how to scan from printer to computer? In other words, you can say that there is a need to complete the scan to computer setup in order to have the scanned copy into the computer. The process is not difficult and can be completed in a few seconds. The only thing is which operating system you are using whether it’s Windows or macOS. So, let’s get to know about the steps for both the operating systems.
Scan to Computer Setup for Windows
If you work on windows, and need to know about the steps on how to scan from printer to computer then follow this section. The instructions to have the scan to a computer are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Make sure both system and printer/scanner are connected with each other using a USB cable or WiFi connection.
- Step 2: Now, place the document on the glass of the scanner, and close the scanner lid.
- Step 3: In your system, go to the Windows Explorer, look for the Fax and Scan option, and click over it.
- Step 4: Then the window will open, and click on the New scan option.
- Step 5: Make sure the device selected for scanning is the right one that you are using.
- Step 6: Now, make the proper settings for the scanned copy.
- Go to the section “Profile”.
- Then choose the color for your scanned copy: either black or colored.
- After that choose the file format in which you want to save the scanned copy: JPEG or PDF.
- Then, make the adjustments for the brightness, resolution, or contrast whatever is required.
- Step 7: Look at the preview of the scanned copy, and make the changes if required.
- Step 8: Then, click on the Scan button to have the final scanned copy into your system.
- Step 9: Once, the document scan is complete, you need to follow the steps given below to locate the saved file.
- Go to Windows Explorer, and then select the Files option.
- Then, click on Documents.
- Now, go to Scanned documents, and have a look at your scanned copy.
Therefore, the procedure is complete for the scan to computer setup in Windows. Now, you can mail the scanned copy or you can use it according to your purposes. But, if you are using the macOS system, then you need to proceed to the next section.
Scan to Computer Setup in MacOS
Now, if you get stuck in scanning the document from scanner to computer with macOS operating system, then you are at the right place. Follow the instructions given below to have more ideas on it.
- Step 1: Connect the printer/scanner to your mac system using a WiFi connection or USB cable.
- Step 2: Now, click on the Apple logo, and then go to the Apple menu.
- Step 3: Then, select the option of the “System Preferences”.
- Step 4: After that, click over the Scanners and Printers option, and select the scanner which you want to use.
- Step 5: Then, click on the Scan option, and after that Open Scanner.
- Step 6: Select the option of Show Details.
- Step 7: In Show Details windows, make the adjustments like:
- Under the format section, you can select the file type such as JPEG or PDF.
- In the Kind tab, you can select the scan type like black or colored.
- You can set the location at which you want to save the scanned document from “Scan To”.
- You can make the other adjustments as well like resolution etc.
- Step 8: Click on the Scan button, and then go to the location where you have saved the file.
That’s it! In this way, you can complete the scan to computer setup in macOS as well, and have the scanned copy to your system. So, without wasting any time, take the scan of your required documents, and complete your project. This guide contains all for you to make you know how to scan from printer to computer. So relax and scan!