How to Manage Scan to Computer Feature?
If you have the Printer, then you must know about the Scan to Computer feature. This amazing feature i.e. Scan to Computer from printer means sending the scanned document file to the computer system. But, it does not always result in the smooth functioning of the printer while performing the scanning function. If you encounter the error again and again during the scanning of the document, then there is a need to manage scan to computer features for making the printer perform the scanning operation carefully. There are different methods available for managing the scan to computer feature and fixing this issue. So, let’s go through each and every method one by one for a better understanding.
Fixing Scan to Computer Operation
During the scanning of the document, you may see the error, “ Scan to Computer is no longer Activated”. You may panic at the first instance, but you don’t need to worry. The steps for every solution are very easy and straightforward to follow, and you will be (easily) able to cope up with this issue.
Method 1: Disable the Scan to Computer Feature
Sometimes, disabling the Scan to Computer feature may help you bring out the Scan operation for the document again after some time. Disabling the Scan to Computer feature may result in refreshing the scanner. So, follow these steps in sequence to make the scanner work.
- Step 1: In your system, click on the Printer icon.
- Step 2: The Printer Assistant will open up as the wizard.
- Step 3: You will find a few options at the top of the Printer Assistant Wizard.
- Step 4: Select the option “Print, Scan, and Fax”.
- Step 5: There will be various options under the tab. Select Manage Scan to Computer option.
- Step 6: The dialog box will open with the disable button.
- Step 7: Uncheck the checkbox, and then click on the Disable button.
- Step 8: In the end, click on the Close button.
- Step 9: Restart the system.
- Step 10: Now, again try to scan the document.
If you are able to scan it successfully, then this solution has worked. But, if it didn’t work out, then you need to follow the next method.
Method 2: Disable Scan To PC Activation App
ScanToPCActivationApp is the bundle application to manage the scanning operations for the printers. Sometimes, it may also lead to the error, as the processing of this app may lead to various issues of shortage of memory and stopping the printer from scanning the document. So, there is a need to disable ScanToPCActivationApp. To do so, find the steps given below:
- Step 1: Start the Task Manager with right-click on the taskbar.
- Step 2: Go to the startup tab in the Task Manager.
- Step 3: Locate the ScanToPCActivation app.
- Step 4: Click on the Disable button present at the right corner of the Window.
- Step 5: Restart the printer, and try to scan again.
The above described troubleshooting method may resolve your problem as it may contain(s) some missing or corrupt files which are stopping the printer from performing the scanning operation. After clicking on the Disable button, once recheck the status for the applications. It must be turned to Disable, and then restart the system. If the status is not getting changed, then there is a need to click on the End Task for that application.
Method 3: Update the Printer Drivers
Sometimes, if the printer drivers are not updated to the latest version, then this may lead to the problem in which the printer or scanner will stop working. Therefore, it is important to update the printer drivers. The steps to update the printer drivers are as follows:
- Step 1: Open the Device Manager in your system.
- Step 2: The list will open. Go to the name “Print Queues”.
- Step 3: Right-click on the Print Queues and then select the Update Driver option.
- Step 4: The dialog box will open asking for your permission.
- Step 5: Select the option “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Step 6: Click on Proceed button.
- Step 7: Select the required driver.
- Step 8: Restart the system to save the changes.
- Step 9: Try to scan the document again.
So, this is the third method to provide the solution to your problem. Most of the time, the issue gets resolved with this method. If it does not work, then only one method left of hard resetting.
Method 4: Power Cycle the Entire System
If none of the above explained methods work, then this is the last resort that could be adopted. So, follow the instructions as it is for the Power Cycling of the system.
- Step 1: Turn off your system by using the Shut Down option.
- Step 2: Turn off the printer as well.
- Step 3: Remove the power cord from both printer and system.
- Step 4: Wait for 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Connect the power cord again, and supply the power.
- Step 6: Start the printer and system again.
Perform Scan to Computer!
Now, by adopting all these methods, your problem will be resolved for sure. But the last method needs to be adopted as the last resort because it may change the other settings and you may lose your current work that is not saved. Assuming your problem has found the solution, perform the scan to the computer feature freely and get a copy of the scanned document in your printer.